See below for a step-by-step guide on how to get started with Hallow Groups:
2 - Open up the App and navigate to the group's page in the top right-hand corner of the app.
3: Join a Group by its code-- if you are joining a group created by your parish, you'll want to find out what group code is and then type that in (shown below)
4. Create your own group - If you'd like to create your own group, tap the "+" sign in the top right hand corner of the app and then tap on "create group"
5. Name your group + select preferences - After you select a name, the next screen will prompt you to customize your sharing defaults for the group
6. Invite the members to your group - You can invite as many people as you want. You can have people open the "camera" app on their phone to scan the QR code that is created for you. You can also tap on "share link" and invite people that way through e-mail or texts. Finally, you can also just copy and share the "group code" that is a six digit code created at the top of the page:
7. Congratulations! You've now created your first group. You can create as many more groups as you like by clicking the Add Group button. Or you can click into your Group to see your Group feed.
8. Add intentions and reflections - Here you can add intentions simply by clicking the plus button at the middle left-hand side of the screen.
9. Or you can click details in the top right of the feed to edit the group name, mute notifications, edit your display name, delete the group, or add new members.
10. You are also able to share prayers and journal reflections after you complete a prayer. After you complete a prayer, you can tap on "add a note" to create journal. Then on the bottom left hand side of the screen you can decide if you'd like to share your reflection with groups or keep it private.
10 - If you'd like to share the reflection with other groups, you'll need to find the groups within the Hallow app that you want to share it with, tap on the group then select "share with group"
11 - After you share your reflection your group will be notified via push notification and the reflection & prayer will be posted to the group.
12 - Your group members will be able to click on the play button from within the feed and it will take them to the same session.
There you have it! Please please let us know what feedback you have. We are still hard at work to make sure we're building something that you love.
We’re always here to help when you need it. You can reach out through this purple chat window on the bottom-right corner or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless 🕊️